2014年4月6日星期日

It’s Tomb Sweeping Day Again


Every year, when the Tomb-sweeping day comes, we would drive home to go to the mountain to sweep tombs and worship our gone relatives. It’s never easy forever, but it’s a good thing in the other way. 

It’s the only time in a year, we could see so many people coming home from everywhere in the world, especially the older, and every family go to the mountain together with hoes, foods, paper money, joss sticks and candles. Maybe we could see people all come home in Spring Festival, but we can never be able to see groups of people going mountain together with same purposes and doing exactly the same thing.

The night before Tomb Sweeping Day, we were caught in huge traffic jam all the way home. On the high way, we even saw seven accidents, which is so terrible and make the traffic even worse. We arrived home lately and I’d been thinking about this all night. How important this holiday is to Chinese people, especially to Minnan People.


Even the mood is not so good, but on that day, after sweeping tombs, we would eat one traditional holiday food, Run Bing, also called Popiah, and Lumpia, which is a kind of mix foods roll. We would prepare so many dishes, like carrots, cabbages, tofu strips, fried rice-flour noodles, fired eggs, meats, oyster, etc. Everyone adds the stuff they like into the thin wrapper made by flour, and roll it to eat by hand directly. Oh, never forget to add sweet sugar peanuts powder and fired sea sedge powder, which would make it much more delicious! What a pity, I forgot to take some photos at that time. But believe me, you will love it! Eating Run Bing is the most important meal of a year in my hometown and it one traditional cultural symbol too.

If we talk about the history of eating this kind of food and the holiday of Tomb-sweeping Day, it won’t be an ending. To me, feeling is much more important. Every time, when I stand in front of the tomb, facing the one I love so much, I will be caught in a very deep pain valley and couldn’t go out in a period of time. I want to memory every single detail in the past; I want to tell him every detail right now in my life; I want to discuss with him about my future plans. No matter what happens; we still need to move on and back to a normal life for ourselves and for the one we love. So, let’s live a beautiful life with the good memory and best wishes.
You could see the long car troop in front of us.




没有评论:

发表评论